8V Exhaust Manifold question?

--- "David Winchell, II" <xavsbud@sprynet.com> wrote:

> My 82 with the 1.7L had the toilet bowl.

FWIW, I have an original VW&Porsche article that mentions a
different manifold with clips for the new '82 Scirocco.

> It sucked.

OH yeah.

> When I replaced mine I
> bought the Euro manifold from TT and bought a new down
> pipe and exhaust
> system from them.  Did the whole thing all at one time.
> It made a VERY
> noticeable difference according to the butt dyno.

Totally agree - you will see a noticable increase in power,
especially about 4k rpm.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco (For Sale)      '81 Scirocco S (Dieter)
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172