SUPER Rant WAY OT: You Americans...

> De: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
> Date: 2006/12/21 jeu. PM 07:04:57 GMT-05:00
> ?: " Patrick Bureau " <patrick.bureau@gmail.com>
> Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Objet: Re: SUPER Rant WAY OT: You Americans...
>
> I'm just too tired for this, in the midst of the whole holiday vs Christmas
> and what traditional symbols are or are not allowed,

That might get me going, but I won't. Toronto mayer ought to get kicked in the groin. Seattle Airport big cheese too, and a whole bunch more...

> And I'm not sure if I can wave the "flag with the maple leaf and the two
> red stripes" because it might be misconstrued as support for the non-native
> side of the local land dispute, "the flag formerly referred to as American
> but shall now be called the stars and stripes for clarity" is permissable
> and perfectly safe to display on both sides of that issue though. And don't
> even get going on nations, we have so many nations within nations that I
> can't keep track, is it Quebec or only francophones in the latest
> incarnation? And what of members of the Mohawk nation who speak French and
> live in Quebec? Nation within a nation within a nation in America I suppose.

There you go, Bring Dion back for more clarity laws. :-P

> And how am I to take "Cathyland"? I can't help but feel that it's a huge
> jab. Should I just leave the list because I'm too vocal/don't fit the
> demographic/don't "feel" American even though the United States of
> Americans think I am one? I'm North American, no disputing that, though
> locally I'm considered a European, true North Americans have status cards.

We could crown you our Queen, and declare the Scirocco the official transportation mode for America (North america, sorry).

> All I know is that I have a pile of baking to do, which means I can't work
> on my cars. Kids are insane to deal with at this time of the year, the new
> year will hold even more fun with text messaging and iPods and all sorts of
> other distractions from learning, and I'll be facing yet more arguments.

They are working on integrated electronic clothing with more possibilities soon at a store near you.

> Find me a nice cave, and I'll just crawl into it and not worry about being
> American or Canadian or both or neither. BTW the Maple Leaf tattoed on my
> foot is staying. I'll take it into the cave with me.
>
> Oh,    :)
>
> Cathy

Forget the cave, to drive the Scirocco is a very calming thing to do for me, which is not happening because the Scirocco is in storage, and the freakin winter has not even started yet so it can bloody ends, so this is why I am CRANKY as HELL.

NOT!

Just kidding... :-)

Cheers.

Marc