Body Work Q- Replacing rear arches

Hey fellow listers,

  Been a while since I've contributed anything good/bad/useless to the list,
haven't hardly touched the 81, but tonight I finally got back into it.  I've
got replacement fender arches for the 81 and I'm in the process of cutting
them out.  I'm about an inch and half away from the lip all the way around
the fender.  How I do I separate the outer fender arch from the inner fender
wall without damaging the inner fender?  Everything inside the panel is
perfect, looks just like it did in 81 I'm sure, except for the old old 11/32
socket and 1/4 drive extension. (Who was using metric on my car???)

Thanks alot.

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB
81 Volkswagen Scirocco
89 Volkswagen Jetta GTX

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/