Tubro question re: JE Pistons

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/jdbubb/86%20JH%20Turbo/DSC02781_small.jpg
On the right is a JE piston. 83mm, 9:1 CR, 8V, for an 86.4mm stroke.
On the left is a Wiseco piston. 83mm, 9:1 CR, 8V for a 92.8mm stroke.
See those little pads on the sides of the top of the Wiseco piston?
Those pads come within .040" of the sides of the combustion chamber that you
can see here:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/jdbubb/86%20JH%20Turbo/DSC02885_small.jpg
and form a squish area that creates turbulence in the combustion chamber and
makes the engine more resistant to detonation.
IMO the Wiseco is a better piston simply for this reason.
The JE is in my nephew's engine and it's not as resistant to pinging as we'd
like. i.e he can't run as much boost as he'd like.
My engine is just getting broken in so I can't verify that it'll be better,
but an engine with well setup squish areas has always performed well for me.

Double head gasket lacks a squish area just like the JE piston. A
non-starter in my book although a lot of people do it.

Forged pistons need a slightly larger cylinder clearance since they have
higher thermal expansion. I can't hear any piston slap. You just need to
take it easy till they warm up a little.

Both JE and Wiseco run about $550-575 for a set of 4 with rings and pins.
http://www.jrcmotorsports.com/ carries JE.
www.porttuning.com carries Wiseco.
I'm sure there are other suppliers.
Dan