Spam?

Since Nov. 30, I've received almost 500 pieces of spam to this
address.  Fortunately, Google Mail is VERY good at blocking and I have
seen none of them in my inbox.  I usually empty it everyday or so, but
I noticed that gmail will automatically delete them from the spam
folder after 30 days, so I'm waiting until Dec. 30 to see how many
I'll actually receive in 30 days.  500 in 2 weeks.  Something tells me
it'll get worse as Christmas approaches.