Curb, meet Scirocco... Scirocco, meet Curb...

Four days before my winter beater (A2 Jetta) goes on the road I
managed to slam my 82 sideways into a curb.  It was the first real
snowfall of the year, and my nearly spent Kumho 512's surprised the
hell out of me with how little grip they had.  All the roads were
fairly clear at the time, but I turned into a side road that wasn't.
I'm pissed, more because this is the first real "accident" I've had in
almost 20 years of driving...

I bent the rear beam pretty bad, and I may have tweaked the front end
a bit (possibly a bent control arm).  Both of my K1 Kosei wheels on
the driver side are curbed a bit, but look to still be straight.

And just to make things worse, I just installed my last spare beam in
my friend Sean's car before he headed out west...

Here's a pic of the damage:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/curbed.jpg>

It was a real handful limping it back home as each rear tire took
turns finding grip!

Damn it...  I suck...

Later,

Mark.