What would be the pro's to carburation on an 8V?

Amen to that.  We (our little side-job tuning company) put a set of dual
carbs on a 1600 VW aircooled-powered 356-replica.  Even with the "jet and
tune" option, it's been a royal bitch to tune the thing.  I'd much rather
tell a computer what to do and then have it do all the work.  :P

Brendan