It's Alive!

I posted about a no-start issue a couple weeks ago and finally got around to
doing something about it. Here's how I described the problem initially:

"I stopped for gas, filled up, then tried to start her up to leave. It turns
over and over but will never "catch" and start running. It's been hard to
start lately, takes a good 5-10 seconds to finally start up. Before tonight,
I could try for 2-3 seconds, turn the key to the "on" position (before it
started running), wait a second, then turn it to start again and it would
start much easier the second time. It also started fine whenever it was
warm. I know the "it just won't start" symptom is vague, but that's all I
have to go on right now."

Well, most people thought it was spark or fuel related. So I checked spark
and it's good. While I was trying to get an injector out (those things don't
want to come out do they?) I noticed that a port on my intake manifold which
was previously blocked off was now open. The rubber piece had fallen off and
left about a dime size opening. Once I plugged it up again it cranked over
and ran well. I still have to investigate the hard starting that had been
happening, but at least she's running again. Thanks everyone for the help
and suggestions, time for a drive!

Nate