Second of all: Rough running in high humidity/rain

It's been raining like pigs and sheep around here lately, and I've
noticed this before: my car runs like dog stuff during periods of high
humidity, and obviously, rain.  It bucks, stutters, backfires, pops, and
generally won't stay running, especially under acceleration.  Runs a
little better when the engine is warm.  I'm thinking it's a symtom of
running rich, the whole humid air has less air, so there's less to mix
with the fuel syndrome.  I have a feeling it's been running rich, it
smells rich and it's been using fuel a little excessively.  I never did
get a concrete reading when I tuned it.  I haven't checked the
distributor cap or wires yet, but I know they can be sympomatic as well.

Any ideas?

Nate
'88 16v