Finding time, (OT) losing time

Yeah, so we went and did the ghetto dyno last night, and it was very
productive. At $20, a test and tune night is a good tuning tool for the
money. We'd do three runs, change something, and do three more. (There were
like ten cars there too!) On Klaus, he remained very steady regardless of
timing advance or changing AFR. I'll continue to run about 10* advance, and
about 14.3 AFR at idle (based on the WB), it seems to be good. I didn't
bother trying retarding beyond 6* BTDC, or leaning the car out at idle, as
I'd done this before and found it to be detrimental. (I also dialed in the
Konis to full hard, I like it much better)

But the real change was in the 16V. At the beginning of the night, I was
actually beating Dennis in the quarter mile heads up, that is just wrong.
(Not to mention it really pisses him off, and the 16V should be much faster
than Klaus). Adjusting DPR current to the rich side over successive runs (
after a settle in period) yielded little progress till I removed the TT
fuel enrichment module.  After that, we gained a full half second, and he
was steadily beating me. The car's still too slow, but it's vastly
improved. I was tuning for a target mid-fluctuation reading of 5.5mA, not
sure what you have found to be optimum, but I'm all ears. Oddly, we'd tried
removing that module some time back and found it to be helpful, not so last
night.

On the OT time well wasted category, don't you just love killing off time
with tech support? I'd killed an entire day last week going between Dell
and my ISP to diagnose that my PCI card was dead (I hope) Dell has really
patient people on the other end of the line (the ISP people are not so
nice), and they guided me through another big repair yesterday, I had the
screen off, the hard drive and keyboard off, yeah, my laptop looked pretty
grim. It's fixed now (new palmrest), but they sent me the wrong card for
the modem, ironically, the one they sent won't do all the fancy high speed
shizznit that the originasl did. Not that it will ever matter to me. So
another hour on "Customer Care" to arrange an exchange for the correct
part. But the repair went really well overall, and I must have removed a
half pound of cat hair while I was in there.

Anyway, since it's been slow, I figured I could kill some time for y'all.
Cathy