I love the waterpipe (options?)

Okay, so I have this super cheap, decent looking 85 Wolfie, and I figure,
what the hey, may as well see if I can get it to run. It came with axles
detached, no fluids, etc. So I figure the odds are slim. But if I can get
it going for little outlay, I'm only out time, right?
 I'm sure it'll be more hassle than it's worth, but OTOH, it's there. So. I
pour in oil, it stays in. Not so lucky with coolant. First was a nice leak
at the overflow nipple at the rad, easy fix so far, but the hose is probaly
tired, I'll look for another. Then to fill the block. A STREAM of fluid.
Right behind the oil cooler. There's an upfacing nipple on the water pipe
that feels like it's been flattened, and obviously has no hose on it. The
pipe itself looks to be in very good shape, so if I can save it, I will.
Not sure there's enough length left to cap it off, are there any other
options besides replacing the pipe itself? I'll have to fire up the other
computer to see what ETKA says should be there, I'm guessing this is not
the stock pipe. This car is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. I have been
wondering if the engine was on the way in or out. Looks to me like in,
there are new bolts on the motor mounts, for example. (and headers...)
It'll need a full going over before I fire it up at any rate.
I'll be back at it tomorrow when the mosquitoes aren't so bad. On a side
note, after abandoning the Wolfie for the night, Adam and I spent about
five minutes spraying his GTI door to match the rest of the car. And it
looks like we spent five minutes too! (maybe less!!) I'm sure the plan is
to blow it up at Track day North, it's such a pile of shit!
Cathy