Rear Calipers - What to do?

I have the same caliper on the PS of mine that was put on it when I got the
car. It was a junkyard edition. On the DS, WAY different story. Had a
caliper fromt he same source put on, it was junk, they replaced the part on
warrantee, and we went for a year or so on JYversion two, with intermittent
 sieze up. Then  got a set of nearly new ones from a lister, they lasted a
year before they did the same (I'd decided it was time to learn to do them
myself by this point). I got a reman from the dealer, and that one has
lasted without complant since then, likely three years so far. And yours
should not be leaking!

Options? Many A1 chassis cars have drums, my MkI has, pretty sure my Wolfie
has too. I'm sure there is a way to retrofit them, others can chime in as
to how much of the assembly has to be swapped out to do that. I've also
heard that later calipers (Passat??) will work but the bleeder faces up, so
there's a work-around for that. I'm keeping the stock calipers, for now.
And why are they a pain in the ass? Because they are Sciroccos.

Cathy