So, if you're not at Brian's, what are you up to?

On 8/13/06, Brian Haygood <haygood@myway.com> wrote:
> So tell the shop owner that you will weld him up some ramps if he will buy the steel.
> Whether you weld them or drag them to a shop who does, you will still come out ahead
> with him buying the materials.  They will be an asset to him no matter how long you are
> there.

Well technically it's not a shop.  It's an old warehouse.  The main
floor is where I have my cars, but they BARELY fit in the double doors
(less than 1" of clearance on each side to the fenders - and that's
even when I remove the shop doors), so it's basically an A1 VW only
workspace.  While it's large (1200 sq. ft.), it also has wood floors,
so it's not ideal (I'm super paranoid when grinding or welding that
I'll catch the place on fire)...  I doubt the owner will go for paying
for the materials, even though he's a friend & business partner of
mine.  I seriously doubt anyone else would be using it as an
automotive shop either.  If his plans for the main floor work out
it'll be a data replication/redundancy site next year anyways, but who
knows, the guy changes his mind all the time, which is why I've been
given notice to clear it out a few times this year only to be told I
can stay.  I guess that's the price I pay for free shopspace!

Here's a pic of it a while ago when I went a little overboard with the
Mk1's (I think I had seven at the time!):

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/shop.jpg>

It's looking a little nicer these days, I installed all new windows,
and I'm about 75% done renovating the loft upstairs (which has
repeatedly been put on the backburner this summer due to more pressing
jobs).  Such is my hectic life these days - but it sure beats working
for "the man"...  :)

Later,

Mark.
75 - 3+ years in the shop
82 - now OUT of the shop
82 Caddy - now IN the shop
93 Chevy/Kia 1/2 ton - wouldn't fit, and if it did would probably
crash through the floor!