Now: New VW design philosophy, Was: From Vw to kia?!? WTF

    While I will agree with you that the new shape is "cookie cutter"
similar to everything Japanese for the last 15 years, history has shown that
exclusivity makes life hard and especially here in New Mexico.  I've found
that VW had a great following for the A1's and to a lesser extent the A2's,
but almost nothing for A3's locally.  A slight resurgance for the A4, but
now a huge new boost for the A5's.  By making the outer skin familiar as
sickening as it is for us independant types, it is good for the company,
good for business, and good for future VW's.  The good news is that they're
still VW underneath the "ho-hum" skin.  Though I hate the look simply
because it's a 1999 Toyota Corolla revisited, I embrace the outward normalcy
that brings in the ignorant masses and invigorates a company that normally
designs a fine line between independant thinking and overall appeal.  This
is just a short stage for the Mk 5 on the A5 chassis toward some renewed
design philosophy of the future when the Mk6 is destined to be released on
the A5 chassis in just a year or two.
    In case you haven't heard, the Mk5 is expensive to make so they're
pushing up the release of the Mk6 on the A5 chassis.  Ok, so I couldn't find
the article to reference, but holy monkey did this guys contest get alot of
attention:

http://carspyshots.net/zerothread?cmd=print&id=19027

I'd tell you which one I like best but I can't seem to figure out who did
what.  Each of the posts doesn't correspond with the list at the bottom.

On a side note, the new 'Rocco renderings look most like a Scirocco Mk2, but
I still prefer the red one of the 2 old renderings on Autobild even if it
did look more like an updated Corrado.
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/fotoshows/vw_scirocco.113136.htm

http://www.autobild.de/projektor/galerie.php?pos=1&artikel_id=10265

       Rave Racer
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L Digifant 2
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/34/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)    Why? It was FREE!

 http://spaces.msn.com/raveracer77/photos/