Wheel bearing? Prob'ly, but...

A few years ago on my '83, judging from the grinding when I turned left or
right, I had clearly one bad front wheel bearing.

I decided to replace them both anyways.

When I removed the wheels, I felt both hubs, and for sure one was grinding
when turned by hand. Once new bearings in, I turned them again, and boy were
they BOTH oh so smooth. So they were actually both shot.

Moral of this story, well there ain't none...

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q