PA Scirocco rescue ASAP!!!!!

--- Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:

> I'm with Chris on the seller acting funny. It may be a
> solid car and only 50
> miles from me (35 from Peter in DE) but there is just
> something not right
> about this auction. Perhaps he/his wife/friend/whatever
> is the notary who is
> transferring the plates and wants to charge a $70 fee?
> There is nothing
> illegal in just having him sign the title and handing it
> over to you.

I wonder if there's some sort of lien on the car or
something?  It does seem strange.

> If anyone is seriously interested I can go look at the
> car for you if you
> let me know ASAP. I can even acquire it and store it for
> you if needed.

I'd hate to see another go to the yard, but it's just not
feasable for me at this time.  Distance, storage space etc
etc.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172