From: Mark F. [mailto:mk1mark@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 2:29 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed...

Hi list,

I'm about to make a homemade version of the Shine Racing rear swaybar.
 I'd like to know the diameter of the bar Shine uses - anyone help me
out with a quick measurement?

As for metallurgical advice, what material should I make it out of?
Keep in mind it must be MIG weldable, and not stupidly expensive...
My concerns are overall stiffness (resistance to twisting), and
"recoverability" (ie: it has to return to original position after
twisting).  Would a larger diameter I have a MetalSupermarket nearby -
any recommendations from this list of materials?

<http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/MSC-MetalGuide.aspx>

Thanks very much!

Later,

Mark.