Upper Strut Tie bar Question

Dan,
I'm with you on the aluminum vs. steel diameter/buckling/weight stuff, but there are some other differences betweem the two bars to
condider:

Neuspeed:
Pros:
- Bends are 'doubled up' at either end
- No mechanical joints of any kind (one solid piece)

Cons:
- Center section is a single member (easier bending)
- Mounting points possibly create higher stress on studs (greater leverege)
- Non-adjustable

Autotech:
Pros:
- 'Flatter' bends in the bar
- Larger diameter (this treads into the earlier point)
- Mounting plates possibly distribute load better (it's a stretch, since there are still only two mounting studs used)
- Adjustable (and can possibly preload as desired)

Cons:
- Three mechanical joints, possible play at links (center not as likely as ends)
- Heavier (and the added weight is at the far ends - in the mounting plates)

To figure out 'which is better', it's kinda tough.  The larger diameter aluminum creates a possible difference, not sure which way
this swings it, since the other bar has bending stress distributed over narrower steel member pairs.  Without actually putting them
both in a jig and throwing some compressive stress on the actual mounting points, I'd say it's a tough call.  Though it's more
complex, I'd put my money on the autotech bar.

Al