[For Sale]: '84 1/2 Scirocco "Oddball" Mars Red So Faded It Looks Like Red Primer:) & '86 GLi

For sale:

'84 1/2 Scirocco, faded mars red, 1.8L JH, 5 speed, Bilstein HD's, TT 2"
aluminized exhaust, nice tinted windshield & black sunroof panel from Rich
Deede's black Scirocco. Manual windows...
It has blue GTI seats on Scirocco frames, but I might swap in a nice set of
Scirocco 16V cloth/vinyl seats.

$400, or best offer.

I just had Oddball towed home, compliments of AAA Premier...
The only rust on the car is on the driver's side rocker. It was about the
size of a baseball, when I sold the car, and it grew quite a bit, now most
of the outer rocker panel is gone. There is some minor damage to the wiper
cowl, from the hood flying open at highway speeds.

This would make a great winter beater... That's what Laurie and I used it
for, and it ran great when I sold it to my friend's dad. He needed a car for
cheap transportation, because his '86 GLi was down, because he attempted to
replace the fuel injector seals.

Location: Bear, DE 19701

http://thescirocco.com/images/845SciroccoEngine.JPG

http://thescirocco.com/images/845SciroccoFront.JPG

http://thescirocco.com/images/845SciroccoPassSide.JPG

http://thescirocco.com/images/845SciroccoWindshield.JPG

The car stopped running on him, going down the highway, and he had it towed
home.
It's probably a fuel pump relay, or ignition distributor...

I sold him the '86 Jetta GLi, as well, and I also bought it back today:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2569971

I can post a pic of the driver's side tomorrow of the Scirocco, if anyone
wants to see it.

Thanks,
Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Drive the GTI, and save the Scirocco!

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...