Sharp right turn, then....

...whump, whump, whump on acceleration.
There is a tight (90*) right hand turn on my way home, on a 55mph back
road.  I've taken it hundreds of times, the same way, with no ill
effects, in my '81.  Today, with the '88, I followed my same procedure:
swing wide left, cut hard right, cut the corner at the apex, power out
of the turn while straightening the wheel, and be on my merry way.  I
take the corner at MAYBE 30-35.  Today though, as soon as I exited, I
could feel a speed-related whump..whump...whump from my front drivers
side tire.  Almost feels like the tire is out of balance, but I only
feel it when I accelerate, not so much at a constant speed or while
slowing.  I checked things when I got home (grabbed and shook the wheel,
looked underneath for anything loose), and I didn't see anything.  Is
there a chance I rolled the tire enough to lose a wheel weight?  The
tires are cheap-ass Tiger Paw Touring, installed by the PO.
Nate