fabsvr6(vortex)"$$$ UPDATE" c/f, fiberglass hoods&fenders...

I might know who these people are, as I had visited a shop in Toronto
several years ago to pick up some fiberglass Scirocco hoods.  I had
heard at the time that they were making molds for Mk1 and Mk2 fenders.

Anyway, I'm not suprised they might be a bit slow, the way they were
chewing on the atmosphere in their shop (read: much chemical fumes).
If it's them, they can really make these things, fitment is probably
close, but would need a tiny bit of tweaking. You'll be drilling
the holes and reinforcing if necessary.  Par for the course on
these kinds of parts, it's not like we Scirocco owners have a world
of choice on where we get our carbon fiber and fiberglass body panels
from, eh?  Again, if it's them, they seemed capable of building
these kinds of panels (they make all kinds of things for many many
different kinds of cars) but they didn't seem all that bright if
you catch my drift.  They had a fairly small shop in a bad section
of town off a side street.

I would guess the reason they do not have pictures to send you is
that they don't have any right now to take pictures of.  As a business,
*not* building Mk1 Scirocco fenders on spec with the associated costs
in time and materials is in fact probably the right decision.  The
not-bright decision was in taking no pictures of the few sets they've
probably already made and sold.  See, most people that are really
in the market for these sorts of things just buy them because really,
where else are you going to get them this cheap?

If all else fails, have them take a few pictures around their shop,
and outside it.  Send them to me and I'll let you know if it's the
one I remember.  (no, it was not showcar bodyparts).

==Brett

John