What do YOU use to shine up your dash?

Ok, folks - I'm on the precipice of installing my crack-free mk1 dash with
custom trim that I spent the last few hours on and I would obviously like to
give it that nice armor all-type sheen without the armor all of course. Has
anyone identified a product (or even a home recipe) that can be used to shine
up a scirocco dash that won't pull out the emollients and increase the chances
of cracking?

I've been using Future 2001 on all my other interior bits for years with great
success, but I'm VERY nervous putting anything other than water on this bad
boy (bought a car specifically for the dash which was one of the last NOS ones
from Germany 7-8 years ago (this per the PO)).

THanks!  JT