From: Nate Mellom [mailto:doubt@inwave.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 1:37 AM
To: GGehrke; Scirocco list
Subject: Re: Scirocco Syncro swap.

The 4000 quattro system and the Quantum (Passat) Syncro system are
exactly the same, with the exception of the rear suspension, which is
completely different.  But all the driveline components (engine, tranny,
axles, diffs, etc) are the same.  The only other VW all-wheel drive
model offered in the states was the Vanagon Syncro (with the expection
of the R32, of course), but that system is different than the VW/Audi
passenger car setup.

As far as weight, it IS a lot of steel, but I can't tell you how much.
Have Allyn and Dave load up a truck with the quattro parts they have and
weigh them.

The rear end pictured in the auction is identical to the rear on my
Quantum (Passat everywhere else but the US) Syncro wagon.

Nate
'81/'88 Rocs
'87 QSW