From: T Berk [mailto:bayareaberk@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:39 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Don't use WD-40 around the Combustion part of the Motor.
was: How can I remove 16V injectors?

--- Mike Potter <Potterman@parts4vws.com> wrote:

> On 16v's you have to PULL really Hard. Spraying them with WD-40 or the
> like helps.
>
> That tool is only for 8v's
>

> Mike Potter

Miiiike, Hows yah doin? (damn it's hard to spell phonetically over the
Internet.)

Anywho- I wanted to mention that WD40 and other kinds of lubrication sprays
often are loaded with Sulfur:
Bad bad in terms of getting it in the motor's insides because it'll attach
to the platinum in the O2 Sensor, shortening it's life and effectiveness.

As for the original question there is an injector puller for double overhead
cam motors but as I am an 8v kinds guy (so far) I don't have a ready link to
point you at.

Suffice to say you should have some luck looking beyond the VW scene; I have
seen them used on 16v Volvos and Saabs, (two makes which share a lot of
Bosch technology with VW/Audi).

TBerk