Cincy via CA

Allyn has a point Marc....us Westerners do have 75 mph speed limits you
know...not the poky 60 mph crap you guys out East have.  You can safely do
80 most of the time without risking a ticket.  With stops, probably a
16-17 hour day.  Push it beyond 80, and don't get a ticket, and you can
make it much faster.

Yes, it is a LONG day...but completely doable, and I have done that trip
many times (Denver to San Fran area).

Last time I did this, I was in a Caddy 1.6 NA Diesel...I still managed to
do it in 17 hours even with the really slow climb over the Sierra Nevadas.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1979 Dasher Coupe 2.0 8v
1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1990 Corrado TDI
1990 Fox Wagon (1.6 Heron head project)
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)