Q: Mk1 steering wheel issues

So I have to get this thing through inspection and the
inner horn section doesn't hold in the wheel (one
spring is missing on a partially broken prong).  As
well, the brass contact ring has broken at the tab
area where the connector goes.

So does a Mk2 wheel work for the interim?  I would
like to stay OEM with the Mk1 wheel, but wonder if all
the parts issues are worth it?  A Momo would actually
feel much better, but I realize it isn't authentic.

So what to do about the wheel if I want it as stock?