A/C removal but leave the old airbox?

Has anyone done this and how well did it work for you?  I was going to weld
in a plate so that I could use all non a/c heating bits, but for speed of
finishing
this car up I am wondering if I should just throw that A/C box back in.  I
assume
I will need to have some vacuum lines running to that area again too?  Any
thoughts
or comments?  If this is feasible, I may still change it later(post Cincy).

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

''98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe