Difference between 75 and 77 gas tanks?

One difference I know of was that the carb'd cars (75/76) did not need a fuel return line like the CIS cars. So your new one will have an extra bung that you could plug if it is still carb'd.

Neal

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark F. <mk1mark@gmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 11:05:01 AM
Subject: Difference between 75 and 77 gas tanks?

Anyone know if a 77 gas tank will fit my 75?  The one I just bought:

<http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8051642146&ru=http://search.ebay.ca:80/8051642146_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1>

is listed for a 77-81 Mk1...  I more or less bought the tank for
future use (since I have an ATL fuel cell for the 75), but would like
to know if I could make it work in the 75 if needed...

Thanks!

Mark.
75
82