Check out me new Mk1 - my first

--- Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's the Vortex thread with seven pictures and some
> interesting info from VW brochures.
>
> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2555290
>
> Cheers!

Hey Phil - disregard parts of my previous private e-mail,
that is NOT an '80 S.  It looks to be an uber-rare '79
"Limited Edition 5-speed."  (Basically it was the '79 "S"
package that wasn't really called an "S."  It also
introduced the 5-speed tranny - before '79 you could only
get the 4-speed.)  I had a black one myself a few years
back, which I sold to Dan May who painted it white and has
since sold it.  I've only seen these in black and white
btw.  The pics also make me wonder if the seat covering is
in fact original.

Very nice score!  Keep us updated on progress!  And for
God's sake bring it to Cincy 'eh?

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172