Somewhat OT: mk5 Golf to be called Rabbit in NA

David L Winchell, II wrote:

> I'll second that.  I LOVE driving my .:R32. For the weight of the car it has
> more than enough power to get yourself into and out of a lot of trouble. I
> will take an overweight Scirocco III if it ever comes out as long as they
> have the R driveline in them.

Agree 1000%.  I bought a new 330i 2 months ago to replace my R32 as my
daily driver.  Since then all I've done is come to appreciate the R's
abilities, and what a joy to drive it is, that much more.  It's a
PERFECT complement to the 3 and my Scirocco.  So now I want to keep the
whole freakin' stable.  My dilemma is where to park the 3rd car as I
don't want to leave one outside.

The whole weight thing is a bit overblown IMHO.  Take the R - it's one
heavy pig, at least on paper.  But drive one and you'll quickly agree
that it doesn't drive/handle like a car carrying that much weight.  The
age of 2200 lb cars is OVER, and we should be (mostly) glad it is, as
it's impossible to build a safe featherweight car (at least not at mass
produceable prices) nowadays.  I have no desire to meet an Excursion in
my Scirocco.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ