A/C not shutting off?

I have a pretty ambiguous air control, something is loose and I can't
really select vent, floor, defrost, etc.  My A/C doesn't work (doesn't
blow cold anyway) , but occasionally I think it gets stuck in A/C mode,
as when I have my blower fan on, my idle raises to 2k, if I turn the fan
off, it drops back down.
Can I pull the A/C relay to make this go away until I get a chance to
gut my center console and fix the problem?  If so, where is it? Under
the hood?  In the fuse block?

Thanks,
Nate
'81 8v