From: Tonee Northam [mailto:pb3vr6@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:07 AM
To: Chris Bennett; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Special love for Tuesday.

I had the same exact rock hit the windsheild on my gti, but, my guardian vw
engineer representing deutchland, saved it.

  They seem to be bouncing off, something about rocks and having to commute
to MKE I guess.

Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
  Three extra large heapings of good wholesome pain for the day.

My neice is flying back to Cincy today (she helped me drive across) so on
the way to the airport there is this interesting stretch of highway (note
the sarcasm) between Shelton Washington and Tacoma, Highways 101 and I-5
respectively when thinking of ways to describe this section of road... terms
like taint tweener.. um nevermind.

So anyhow... I am cruising along following the flow of traffic I was in the
R but we had two hours before her flight I REALLY wasn't in a hurry. All of
a sudden there's a set of blue and red blinkies in my rear view mirror. Now
a Honduh blew by me and I was SURE he was going after him and I was simply
in the way. So I go over one lane and the cop on the BMW motorcycle was
pointing for me to go over. Well shit...

He comes up to my passenger window and he said he pulled me over for
speeding. I told him that I wasn't speeding, and my radar detector didn't go
off. He started getting pissy after that and said that they have laser in
Washington State. It then occured to me that he pinged on me because of the
Ohio plates on the R. I gave him my license (Wa) and told him that the laser
detector on my radar unit didn't go off either. Then the guy tells me that
he was guestimating my speed and that his laser wasn't on. Sensing that the
speeder was slipping away then he goes I am not going to write you a ticket
for speeding but I am going to write you one for "following too close". I
asked him how they hell you can follow too close in morning traffic. My
neice then tells him that we are from out of town and that we have to make a
flight. I never saw such a smile of satisfaction on a cop before it was
sickening. So he goes back to his bike with my license and fiddles around
for a few. Then he comes back and asks for my insurance card. I had one
handy but not the most current one--that was in the glove compartment. I
start rummaging for it and he finally tells me not to worry about it. Goes
back to his bike for a few more minutes and then comes back and tells me to
slow down.

We get back on our way and I see that there are about a dozen of these
motorcycle fags pulling people left and right. The state academy is up the
street so I am thinking it was training of some kind. It's $101.00 so I am
going to fight it. Especially after what else happened today.

So closer to Tacoma a rock the size of a marble hits the R's windsheild and
ruined it. I called the insurance and they said if it all can be covered by
a dollar bill then they can fix it. If not the deductable is $500. Shitty.
Well it can be covered by a dollar bill so there's a little hope, Then I
asked them if I can have it replaced with OEM glass, and they tell me no. I
had to explain to about 5 different people that a car with all OEM glass is
more desirable than one without. I offered to pay the difference but they
are giving me grief. WTF Do I have insurance for?

Then the icing on the cake. We get to the airport and there is a 30 minute
cutoff to check luggage apparently. So she missed her flight, I had to pay
to rebook it on a later one and I was QUITE sure to get all the reciepts so
when I go to court to fight this I am going to ask the court to dismiss the
charge and reimburse me for the fees associated with rebooking the flight.

On the bright side it is amazingly simple to get a concealed carry permit in
Washington. I filled out the paperwork and they asked me in so many words if
I am a criminal or if I beat my wife, signed the affidavit and I will get
the permit in 3 weeks or so. I asked about a class... serial numbers for the
pistol and such and I got alot of laughter.

Dude was like you bought the weapon? Yea. You have fired it? Yea.
You have enough common sense not to point it at someone? Yea. Ok class
dismissed. Hard to argue with logic like that. I did pick up the pamphlet on
the laws concerning... BTW.

I am leaving Thursday to go and get the Callaway.

What a day.
Chris

My Fast Has A Problem