Scirocco For Sale

Hello All,
      Again I am needing to part company with one of the brood.  I
have two cars that are worthy of being sold;  One of which is the 1987
VW Scirocco 16v and the other is the 1980 Scirocco (Callaway Turbo).

I am asking $2500 for the '87.  It's reliable, strong running.  The
only down side is the small tear in drivers seat in an otherwise damn
near perfect interior, and a few minor dings on the outside.  One of
which is on the hatch and I have a complete hatch (same color) to
replace it with.  It has the original teardrops with two spare rims,
good rubber and ALOT of stereo equipment.

The other is the Callaway.  Upside... see Daun's initial email.  I
have a few more pics.  Downside is that the damn thing is stranded in
Sturgis, SD, with no VW dealerships within 100 miles apparently.  Not
that I would trust them to FIX the car... I paid $3100ish.  I'll take
$2800 for it.  (balance on the loan)  After talking to Dan, I am not
convinced the turbo ate itself.  Even if it did I think the car is
worth that.  I am kicking around the idea that if the engine is SHOT,
then I am going to gut the 85 and put that 16v engine in it.  The car
acted like it was slowly deteriorating.  Like maybe the distributor
was coming loose and timing was slipping.  Now when it cranks it tries
to fire but backfires.

Also if anyone is interested in a '62 Beetle, powder blue FULLY
restored, oval window in the rear end, I have pics of it.  Gorgeous
car.  Can't stand to see it given to a 16 yr old as a first car.  She
wanted a watercooled beetle anyway.  It's in Cincinatti and my brother
is willing to take ANY year of new beetle, in any condition as long as
it runs reliably and $5000 for this car.  The money is of course
negotiable depending on the condition of the beetle to be traded.

I am willing to drive the 87 to a reasonable distance for delivery,
but the Callaway will have to be picked up in SD, and at this point
you will need a tow dolly.

Anyone interested please email me for pics. Going out of town tommorow
I will send them asap, schedule permitting.

If nobody bites I am going to put all three on ebay or something of
the like.  Just wanted to give the others with the madness a chance
first.

Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy