Personal Steering Wheel Identification Please

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Langford [mailto:Cory_Langford@bcit.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:51 AM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: Steering Wheel Identification Please

I am trying to identify the steering wheel that came with the '81S.  It does
not look like the standard Momo hub that I have a few of, so if anyone can
ID this one please let me know.

Pics at "http://www.members.shaw.ca/cory.langford/roc81/81steering2.jpg";

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - RIP,
?81S Roc,
'65 Ghia Coupe,
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

It's a Personal wheel, they were available at the VW dealerships in the late
70's, to the early 80's. My '83 Rabbit GTI came with a red VW emblem, on the
horn button, it wasn't as clean, and I prefer MOMO, so I sold it. The
adapter hub is nice, I think it's machined out of a piece of aluminum, that
has a black wrinkle finish. I tried to use it with my MOMO, but the bolt
pattern is different.

Btw, '76 wheels are huge and very narrow, and AFAIK, '77, '78, '79, '80, '81
are all the same.

Peter