From: "LEF" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [OT] Perverts in the government..really OT

What... do we think that, of the millions of government employees in this country, a certain number of them aren't crooks, criminals, perverts, idiots, fools, lazy bums, addicts, etc.?
  They are just a cross section of the population as a whole.....no better/no worse than you and I.
  If this guy was your uncle, the Starbucks manager, instead of an "assistant press secretary", would you still want him to fry?  Because he very easily could be....

 Let he  who is sinless among us cast the first stone.

 Understand, I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve to be held accountable for what he did, because he DOES.  I'm saying expecting our government employees to be models of perfection is unrealistic (Ref. one Mr. William Clinton), and expecting especially-harsh penalties for them is hypocritical.  They should neither receive special consideration (Clinton) or overly severe penalties in the way of public opinion.
Have a nice day!

Larry
sandiego16v