From: Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net>
To: Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>; Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2006 10:14:50 AM
Subject: Re: To supercharge a 3A or not?

Well, right off, your engine's 10:1 CR or thereabouts.
So, that will limit how much boost you can run. Not sure what the limit is, maybe 5-7 psi, and that may be all the car can reasonably handle unless you're running really sticky autocross tires.
Two ways to lower the CR are stacking headgaskets or getting a custom thicker headgasket or installing forged pistons. Either headgasket solution will compromise your combustion chamber shape somewhat although plenty of people do it.
Forged pistons are ~$570 + the cost of boring the block and other miscellaneous costs.
Other than that, just getting everything in good shape should suffice.
Dan