paging coilover experts...

hello everyone,

My dad and i got into a very large dispute on how to lower my car which gave
us both headaches.  the question at hand is-my car is equipped with H&R coil
overs,  thus, naturally i want to lower it,but...do we spin the adjusting
sprockets towards the roof of the car, or to the ground??  my thinking is,
if we spin them towards the roof it would compress the spring, thereby
reducing travel and height of the assembly ultimately making the car lower.
my dads opinion is obviously the reverse of what i said. Sooo we come to you
guys(and girls), which one is it?????

Thanks everyone

Ben Walter

1986 2.0L 16v Rocco(on 17's)