Ventilation question

On 9/25/05, silvius14@comcast.net <silvius14@comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks, for the information.  Is this a procedure that I can follow in my Bentley repair manual and were can I buy a new valve?  It won't hurt the engine to run it link this, will it?

It's a very straightforward procedure.  Remove the clamps on either
side of the valve and remove.  The part is cheap from the
dealership...

You might have difficulty loosening the clamps if they've been
untouched for a while, and I would put new ones on when installing the
new valve.  Check the condition of the hoses while you're at it...

As for hurting the engine, nope, the engine won't care whether or not
there's coolant flowing through the valve...

HTH,

Mark.
75
80 S