Ventilation question

On 9:52:53 am 09/25/05 silvius14@comcast.net wrote:
> On my 1982 the air conditioning works, the heat works but when I turn
> it on vent I seem to get warm air.  It doesn't seem to matter about the
> position of the temperature control.
> Even if I have the fan off I feel warm air at my legs while driving.
> Kind of sucks on hot days (air conditioning is that great), so I guess
> it will be wonderful for winter driving.
> Karl

It's possible that the valve to the heater core isn't moving, and is
continually sending hot water to the core. Find "the water pipe" (it's
metal and wraps around the side of the engine heading towards the firewall)
and see if the valve actually moves. If not, may as well change your
antifreeze while you're at it.

cathy