Dan's showing off some!

I'm sure Dan is better equipped to discuss this but
I'll throw it out there anyway.

There is a horrible tendancy in the FI world to equate
boost pressure with performance ie more pressure is
better. Of course the real aim is to move more air
through our engines by whatever means necesary,
someone pushing 15 lbs of boost on an un-ported head
or ill sized turbo may very well make less power than
someone pushing 10 lbs on a properly designed setup.

More boost can mean more heat in the intake charge as
well ... not good.

Just imagine two garden hoses, one is straight and
devoid of kinks, the other is all knotted up.

Apply the same water pressure to each hose and
obviously the straight hose will flow more, even when
we apply more pressure to the kinked hose we may very
well still flow more volume through the kinky-ass one.

An over simplification for sure but you get the idea.

Anson

PS. Dan rocks my sox with his kickass build skills ...
I need him around to make sure my goofy-ass projects
get done right plus recieve forced induction.