clutch cable update

This morning before work I got under the hood again.  The actuating
arm on the crank case will get pulled up when I depress the clutch
pedal - what's more, it looks like the arm pulls up as far as it will
go right now (stops just short of what looks like an oversized allen
bolt on the crankcase).

So, I'm thinking this might be worse than I thought.  Somebody before
mentioned that the 'push rod' for the clutch might have eaten through
the clutch?  Does this sound correct?  Any other ideas?

thanks,
blake/