SS brake line kinking (rear, 16V)

I guess what I meant was tight, not kinked.  You can hardly move the line because of how tight it is (probably due to the stainless braid not giving any).  It took me a while to get it inside both brackets, as I had to fight to push it "compressed".  Doesn't that fold the inner tubing unnecessarily though?  Or am I worrying too much?

PS - the rust is surface only - it's right where the undercoat fell off.  The area still has full thickness, just moderate surface rust.  But since you say it's a tough area to repair, I think I'm gonna start cleaning it up a bit to prevent further damage...