Barefoot, was RE: Katrina

In my experience (I have size 13s :) I get a better feel with shoes. When I
drive barefoot, I can only use the ball of my foot just below the toes, but
with a shoe, I can use just about any part that will hit the pedals.

I would think tho, that driving with cheap flip flops would be a problem.
I've tried in the past and have myself experienced the problem of getting
the flip flop behind the pedal with my foot on top of it. Kind of hard to do
a quick pedal switch when that happens. And this is why I don't drive with
those things. I don't even wear them at all, now. Just shoes and my
wonderful Birkenstocks.