Can this be said on the list?

yeah, brakes... sheesh. this isn't technical advice, so sorry for the
bandwith use. I remembered of a brake story to cheer you
I loaned my Toyota 4runner to my brother, who was going to pull a 4x8
trailer with it. The outbound (empty) trip went find, on the homeward
(loaded) trip he complained of "mushy "brakes. Turns out he drove 180 miles
with the parking brake set firmly on, through the montains of Pennsylvania,
towing the full trailer.
And I paid for the repair :(
So, at least you're safe!