From: Marc Getty <marc@getty.net>
Sent: Sep 5, 2005 12:08 PM
To: "'John S. Lagnese'" <jlagnese@massed.net>, 'Neptuno' <neptunonc@yahoo.c=
om>,=20
=09'Jason Carr' <carrpolo86@hotmail.com>
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Scirocco Weight

I don't know of any landfill or scrap metal place that is local.

Last night I went to a Cat Scale just north of Quakertown. They said that m=
completely stock '83 Cali with an empty gas tank, no rear deck lid, and jus=
a few items in the glove box was **2,220** pounds!

There is no way my car weighs this much! Jan said that his stock '86.5 16v
weighed in at 2137 pounds.=20

<http://www.scirocco.org/faq/misc/>

How Much Do Sciroccos Weigh?
----------------------------
=09=09=09
> so what are the average weights for the MKI the MKII 8v, and the MKII 16v=
?
>=20
> i was just curious in the weight differences between the 3

  these are also on my web page.

1975-77 - 1847 lbs
1978-79 - 1888 lbs
1980-81 - 1888 lbs; 1933 lbs (S)
1982    - 1933 lbs
1983    - 2079 lbs
1984    - 2070 lbs
1985-86 - 2181 lbs
1987-88 - 2221 lbs; 2287 lbs (16v)

--=20
 /\_/\=09  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >=09  http://foxx.tripod.com
  \ /
   =A1

I'm 121 pounds over the weight posted by Foxx. Jan is 150 pounds lighter.
WTF? Extreme scale inaccuracy?

BTW: it was $8 cash to get weighed, $9 for credit card.

-Marc

=20