WAS: clips NOW: Frickin' gas!

When I made mention of someone making a buck I honestly wasn't even thinking about the gas stations as much as the gas companies. See what gets me is the index that they use to increase the prices. It is based on fear and passed on to the fearful, that is what gets me the most. I Can agree with you on the delema of the gas stations and I can also agree with you on the fact that this is minor in comparasing to the situation in New Orleans and the peoples affected across Luisiana and Mississippi......

And shit yeah I am going to get payed I have been keeping a log!

Dan Bubb <dan.bubb@gmail.com> wrote:
There are also a couple of major pipelines servicing this area that are down.
So, you're a station, you know how much gas you have, you think you
know when you're getting your next delivery, you see the consumption
rate going up with all the nervous people having to fill up right now
before it goes up again, you realize your going to run out of gas to
sell before your next, hopefully on time, delivery.
Apparently, from what Doug said, some stations overreacted to the
initial spike in demand and after that tailed off they lowered their
prices.
So, bottom line is if you were a station and saw your supply
apparently disappearing before you'd get more, what would you do??
Yep, they're making a buck right now with their current supplies.
Maybe they should not increase prices. Then they'll run out of gas to
sell and then they sure won't be making a buck.
The cost of gas is going to go up even when the pipelines are up again
due to the decrease in refining capacity. The higher cost is going to
be necessary to pay to import gas to make up for that loss or to pay
to build new capacity or repair damaged capacity.
Sad what Katrina has done here. Hell of a lot sadder in a lot of other
ways more important than this.
You should definitely get reimbursed for using your own car for
company business.
Dan