Mk2 moonroof operation question

--- "David L. Winchell, II" <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com>
wrote:

> Mark,
>
> It should move in both directions. It with the symptoms
> your describing
> it sounds like you have two problems.

True!

> The first is the cable that drive the mechanism or the
> rails the roof
> moves in need to be replaced.  (I am thinking the cable)

Actually no.  The sunroof needs a re-alignment, which
requires removing the handle mechanism.  The handle / lock
mechanism is not in the correct position.  The cables are
probably fine, just not lined up correctly.

> The second issue (the scratched surface) is an indicator
> of an
> improperly aligned moon roof panel.

Yep, and can be fixed by aligning the cables etc per
Bentley specs.

 Both are real fun to
> deal with,

'Eh, it's not so bad.

Mark, I can take a crack at it at Cathy's next weekend if
you like.  Have some silicon spray lube on hand, and
probably an expendable metal coat hangar.

> Let me know if you find a source for the seals.  I need
> two.

Last I knew, Potterman carried them.  Which reminds me,
I'll need to order another for Gino....

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *still Canadian, but on it's way Stateside*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs