oil cooler hose question

To Don:

Words fail to describe the appreciation I have for
your effort.  No one has done such a quick, unselfish
thing for me online like that before.  I feel like
letting everyone in the VW world know about this as an
example of what it means to be a VW and Scirocco
lover.

Yes, the images did help me.  Yours is a 16v and mine
is 8v, so initially I thought, "I don't have that type
of hose".  Then I realized it was the much maligned
and expensive 16v hose.  And it confirms that I did it
correctly - the downward facing port goes to the
waterpump.

Don, thanks again for such a magnanimous act on your
part.  I'll have to watch out for anything I can do on
your part.

Much appreciation,
Phil Boeye

http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Don_Walter/Oil%20Hoses/