Checkin in

Hey all... haven't chimed in for a while so I figured it was time.   I hope all of you are doing well.
As for my ride.... the 2008cc 16V went in this summer finally.  I ran out of patience and money so the stock 1.8head went back on.   I also put a techtonics downpipe on it at the same time and swapped over to a rebuilt 4k with a .75 5th that I snatched out of my friend BU's car.   After finally getting the fuel mixture closer to "right" its running real nice.  I also found out real quick that I needed brakes so I've got cross drilled rotors now and I'm running mintex pads but I'm probably going to switch over to ferodos like I had on my Passat.  They really grabbed.  This week I also got a new muffler from Dynomax cause my old stainless one finally drove me crazy enough to cut it off.   Some future plans are to swap out my neuspeed springs for some H&R's that I have and I'm going to start detailing(well, at least cleaning up) some of the underpinnings like strut towers etc...      And... Remember Doug C. from Raleigh?   He sold me a rear upper bar for basically nothing and gave me
 the wrecked euro bumpers off his Scirocco.   I'm fairly patient when it comes to free stuff so they're on the car and I fixed em enough that they look SWEET.  Free is good and I really thank Doug for it. I've got them black right now but I'll finish smoothing them and then color match them in the spring.
I got a $500 passat wagon from Maryland a few months ago that supposedly just needed a head but instead water had sat on the cylinder walls long enough that I had to look for another block as well.   Another local dubber gave me a free 2.0L block that I'm rebuilding now and I'm also throwing together a port matched 1.8 head.   The wife took my old 5speed conversion Passat wagon in the divorce and I just had to find another one.  This one's got PERFECT black leather, working sunroof, and it came with decent 15" Enkie wheels... not to mention that its already a 5speed so no need to mess with another conversion.
As usual, if you feel like responding cc me direct at sciroccodriver at yahoo cause I'm digestily afflicted.   later folks!
Oh... and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make it up to Daun's next year if he still has all you wahoo's up there.

Dan May - Married with 3 in diapers in Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco 2008cc!
1995 Pathfinder SE 4x4
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://www.geocities.com/sciroccodriver