Registered thecar!

I went to DMV at luch today, it was short line! Yee Haa!. Look at the
papers. Damn not insurance papers...

Back at work I called my Local DMV. They close at 3:30. Man better hours
than bankers! Leave work and fly home to get the papers. $5.00 in gas from
the pump and on to register the car.

I got there with minutes to spare. "I am sorry Mam. We cannot process these
papers today. Its too close to closing. (F**k. I said quietly)  Johnstown is
open till 4:30. Just go here and follow the road to the Dodge dealer. Its
across the road!

Fly out of there. Hit the road and make it past Johnstown to Gloversville.
No Dodge dealer. What I said to the passer by. Its back 10 miles in the
Family court building? (S**t I said under my breath)

Back to Jtown and filled out the papers in the line.

"An 85 Scirocco?" the girl said. "What condition is it in?"
I filled her out thinking that was a bit strange to ask (Not many do)
Turns out her husband rebuilt 2 81 VW rabbit convertables. She knew all
about the pains of VW ownership!
She dug through the pile of plates to find a set that had 85 in it for me.

Despite the swearing and the frustration I amde it back home. A cuppa in my
belly and feeling better. I gotta go put the plates on the car!

Thanks for listening.

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"